For food manufacturing facilities, installing food-safe resin flooring is one of the most effective ways to enhance health and safety standards. While covering large surface areas more cheaply than using ceramic tiling. Specially formulated polyurethane resin floors prevent bacterial and mould build-up by forming an impervious resin surface, highly resistant abrasion, temperature, and chemicals.
What Is Food Safe Flooring?
Food safe flooring is any (resin) flooring that provides the space it covers with hygiene and safety standards that meet the demands of industrial quantities of food processing. Every food-safe floor should be easy-to-clean, safe to use, and hard to damage.
Polyurethane floors form a smooth seamless surface which, although tough, is potentially a slip hazard in areas prone to liquid spillages. Where a higher slip-resistant rating is needed without compromising the hygiene rating, the solution is a food-grade screed floor. These composite mixes provide a higher level of grip and friction, excellent for high-traffic areas and wet areas.
Benefits Of Food Safe Factory Flooring
- PU screeds are quick to apply and set
- Can cover large spaces with a fast installation and curing time
- Can fill over fault lines and pits in an existing concrete floor, improving safety standards without having to replace the floor in its entirety
- Heat resistant (up to 120°C) allowing for steam cleaning and hot room use
- Compatible with indoor and outdoor usage
- Long working lifespans (with regular maintenance)
- Post-process compatible (varnishing, polishing)
- General abrasion, corrosion, and burn resistance
- Incorporated microbial agents.
- Reduces the risk of bacterial, viral, and parasitic contamination
- Anti-pest (rodents, insects) through low food particle retention qualities
- Easy to clean and disinfect with wet chemicals
- Different systems offer specialised resistance to dairy, brewery, and high-temperature spillages
- Easy to spot repair and repaint
- Clean, attractive, hard-wearing one-colour aesthetic
- Low-maintenance needs and costs
Factory-Safe Resin Food Floors From Central Flooring
If you’re looking for a safe and cost-effective flooring solution for a food manufacturing facility or preparation area, speak to Central Flooring today. We work with some of the world’s leading resin flooring suppliers to provide bespoke solutions that meet all food safety and hygiene standards. Call today to find out more.
Image Source: Unsplash